Thursday, 14 March 2013

My video shop senses my joint

9.09pm, Thursday 14 March:

We would like to thank you for being one of our top performing members sense you joint our store.

YOU NEXT MOVIE OF YOUR CHOICE IS ON US.

Network Video (Location deleted)

No really, that's the text I received last night from my local video shop.


I replied.

Hi, if you are going to spam-text your customers you should check your spelling first.

And don't send them after 9pm. It's illegal to 'cold call' in any manner after that time.

Please cancel my membership and don't text me again.


Credibility lies in the ability to spell and observe basic spamming laws. I suspect they thought they were going to drum up so much business but I would be interested to see how many people are annoyed by this.

Or maybe it's just me. I am fickle when it comes to spelling errors.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment